I haven't brewed anything for a few months now, really since before heading home for graduation. Even the parents have asked what I'm brewing, to which I have no answer. Living in Nevada, we're almost guaranteed nice weekends, so I was assuming that Memorial Day weekend would be no exception. The weather didn't cooperate, but before I realized that, I planned to make hard cider. I've really been wanting to make a hard cider for a while now, and since the process is so easy (compared to beer) it was a time-saver for a weekend of camping.
When I say easy, I mean easy. Pour a bunch of apple juice into a fermenter and add yeast. That's pretty much it. Now into the closet it goes...
I plan on racking to a secondary once primary fermentation is complete, and adding some fruit. Possibly raspberries, but we'll see. For now, I'll call it a raspberry cider.
Raspberry Cider
Malt
5 Gal. Apple Juice (Treetop)
Specialty Grains
None
Hops
None
Yeast
WLP775 English Cider Yeast
Adjuncts
3lbs. 1oz. Oregon Red Raspberry seedless puree (into secondary)
Brew Day Stats
Brewed: 05/24/2008
Racked (Secondary): 06/04/2008
Bottled: 07/06/2008
Pre-boil Volume: 5 Gal
Post-boil Volume: 5 Gal
Boil Time: N/A
Cooling Method: N/A
Cooling Time: N/A
Pitching Temp: 67° F
Fermentation Temp: 65-70° F
OG: 1.050
FG: 1.000
ABW: 5.4%
ABV: 6.7%
Results & Photo's
Aroma
Appearance
Taste
Aftertaste

2 comments:
raspberry? sounds amazing. imagine some raspberry gateau with that!
Oh yeah...that sounds like a beer in the making. Could call it Raspberry Gateau Stout, or perhaps Jesus' Kitchen. It would be a chocolate-raspberry stout. YUM!
Post a Comment